His Holiness Pope Tawadros II is cordially inviting 200 Coptic Youth from all Coptic Dioceses outside of Egypt to spend one week in Egypt together. The program will allow Coptic Youth from all over the world to experience a week of sharing, fellowship and service together. Youth will attend from Australia, Europe, Africa, South America, North America, and Asia!
This is the second conference of its kind with the first being held in 2018 to coincide with the Golden Jubilee of the Coptic Orthodox Churches establishment outside Egypt.
The Diocese of the Southern United States is invited to send 6 youth to attend the International Week for Coptic Youth.
This is a golden opportunity to connect with fellow Coptic Youth from all over the world.
August 22-29, 2020
*Participants should arrive in Egypt 2 days prior to the official meeting start date to accommodate for jet-lag.
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Between 22-28 years of age
- Fluent in English
- Able to communicate in Arabic
- Actively participating in his/her own church
- Obtain approval from Father of Confession (Note: Father of Confession will be contacted if you are among the 6 selected)
- Be willing to participate in tasks assigned throughout the week
- Those who attended in 2018 are not eligible
Criteria For 6 Youth Selected:
- Pay an entry fee of $300 USD or equivalent
- Purchasing of own airline ticket
If you are interested in attending, please complete the registration form below by the end of the day of Thursday, December 26, 2019. All applications will be reviewed and the 6 youth chosen will be informed January 2020.
Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:59 pm EST
World Youth Week
“He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.” – Psalm 1:3